I suggest you ...

How about a reading drill for ledger lines?

So many of my students read the grand staff well, but have problems with notes above and below the staff; some sort of reading drill which would focus on notes +/- 3 ledger lines in both directions from bass and treble clef staves would be great!

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I agree as well. The activities that quiz you on just the bass/treble clef include these ledger lines. But the grand staff activity does not.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

PLEASE ledger lines. You have the cleanest and most efficient program I have found for note reading drills. If you could make either an option within a drill or a separate drill itself with ledger lines his would be very helpful as this is a recurring weakness in those moving through intermediate grades of piano.

• anonymousanonymous commented  · 

I totally agree. I went in to adjust the note reading exercise so that I would have treble clef only, and only the notes below the staff down to F3. I discovered that this will just give me the grand staff. We need to be able to assign this sort of assignment to students who play instruments with an extended range.

Feedback and Knowledge Base