I suggest you ...

Reprogram some of the exercises so that each click isn't an error.

219 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Rob WhelanAdminRob Whelan (Admin, eMusicTheory) responded  · 

I’ve been thinking for a while about changing the way the practice drills work, to make them more like games — they’d use points, and you’d get a lot of points when you finished something big (like entering an entire scale) but only lose a little bit for a small error (like entering one wrong note).

I don’t have a definite date for this particular change yet, but I agree there should be some change here.

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

i gnha;SFGHU[er'gnmnbvoajb irtih uihyr urhtUAHRUHYUT UUTR HURTH THU UIRTHG USE THR TRHUTGHAP URTHU9HRGNUGY UR5GH RUTYGHGGG TGGU RUT9RUITHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHUAEIPURHY TURFUIOGHER89TYFOIGHOIHJETI9Yoeifgjh utryifjghkiaj[eriuyojghfjur8t uty8toijy98r5 i5tu8etyuiodgh tyiut890uy

God, you have a lot of good ideas.

• wunklewunkle commented  · 

yesyesyes!!!!!!!!!!

• likisha padenlikisha paden commented  · 

that is my best vote

your friend likisha paden

• ShaunShaun commented  · 

It's so frustrating that you count each click as an event. You could solve the whole nasty thing with an "Are you sure" or final-answer type button. This website and it's assignments are not fun. They are frustrating and consume an order of time disparate from the amount of time it takes to think about each problem. Fix it.

Wait a quaver...... is that rhythm performance missing one half beat in the two bars I'm seeing on screen? I've tried messing with browser 'zoom levels'.... I think I can count to four and eight..... is this issue already noticed/discussed/fixed?

• Peter WalderhaugPeter Walderhaug commented  · 

The margin for error in clicking on the scale exercises is unacceptably small. I agree with D, it's painfully obvious that the next note is on the area immediately above it. Previous note is a line, it's obviously the next space, and so on. I like doing assignments quickly, and I HATE getting errors just because of a mis-click when I clearly know the scale. I should be able to correct myself, and just choosing what notes should be sharp or flat would be a much better idea, as others have mentioned.

• DD commented  · 

it's obvious for scales that the next note is going to come on the next line or space up, so we should just select whether the note is flat, natural, or sharp. or have the whole scale written out and the user just has to click on what notes should be flatted or sharped. also being able to finish the whole scale then go back and check would make a lot more sense.

• CarrieCarrie commented  · 

Zis Zis Zis site wow dude really stop acting its no funny

• Danielle WDanielle W commented  · 

Zis site need more frou frou! Every answer I put in, is wrong! I checked vith me programmer, and he zays dat dere is none wrong vith me computer. So, please check ze programming of ze site please! No worries, I luuv zis site! Thanku so veddy veddy much!

• Theory ProfTheory Prof commented  · 

Oui! Oui! What if the student could enter the entire scale, check his/her work, go back and fix something, and THEN submit the answer? That would be fabulous. Thx.

• connerconner commented  · 

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesytes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!

• Nathan RulesNathan Rules commented  · 

I would really like to see this go through
        This would be great since i am a pro

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base