• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CaroljCarolj shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Rob WhelanAdminRob Whelan (Admin, eMusicTheory) responded  · 

i’m working on a Scale Degrees drill where you give the responses in solfege — I think that’ll address this pretty well. The drill will establish the key (playing or showing the tonic note or chord of the scale, for example) then play or show a random note — and you’ll select what scale degree it is (solfege syllable, or number).

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KasTEMKasTEM commented  · 

a cheat where you can cheat everything

• NiggaNigga commented  · 

whatup homiesss

• Anonymous commented  · 

A basic ID drill for melodies in solfege would help to start. After students understand moveable "do" solfege identification, they could move on to dictation and interval ID using solfege.

• kiziahkiziah commented  · 

why dont we practice singing drills so our vocals can get better

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hmm... I was thinking that there could be a virtual piano, who plays notes, and we have t otry and figure out which note it played. is it a good idea?

• Scott MorriseScott Morrise commented  · 

I see you are working on a solfege drill. If it will allow the user to select the key and the scale degrees to be tested it will be quite useful. James Jordans methods are fantastic in the choral world. He advocates the use of drones though and I should think it would be difficult to stream a drone while the drill is running. Fantastic but difficult. Also, a voice input would be optimal for testing pitch accuracy but might be too difficult to do.

• juliajulia commented  · 

this is not that good. But...,it is still not bad

• DJDJ commented  · 

make a "Music Hero" type practice

• KazariaKazaria commented  · 

You could make a drill like Mario. The notes you would have to step on and try to guess the amount of Beats of the notes or it shows you a scale and try to guess the letter value.=)

• thethe commented  · 

my dick in your mouth

• bin97bin97 commented  · 

I would love to see this happen! Because I wanna practice my voice with an online Solfege

• Gary LovingoodGary Lovingood commented  · 

I use the numbers system as many other choral teachers in our area. Can you incorporate numbers at the same time as solfege?

• Rob WhelanAdminRob Whelan (Admin, eMusicTheory) commented  · 

I don't know much about the James Jordan method -- are there any good online resources for it (I'm coming up with mostly book references at the moment)? Or -- tell me a little more about what a drill to reinforce his concepts might look like.

I do have a drill under development that uses solfege, actually -- "scale degrees", where you use solfege syllables or numbers to identify scale degrees, either by ear or on the staff. This sounds like it might fit in with what you're looking for.

• CaroljCarolj commented  · 

My Choir Director started a Choir School and signed us up on this website. It would be nice to have a drill reinforcing the vocal concepts he teaches (James Jordan method).

Feedback and Knowledge Base